We are on duty for emergencies 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We make it our priority to attend emergencies as quickly as possible. We have vets all around Shropshire and bordering counties which helps us get vets to you quickly wherever you are. Out of hours we have a smaller emergency team dedicated to attending emergencies. Whatever time of the day it is you are able to get through to a veterinary surgeon to discuss any problems you have. Out of office hours one of our vets will receive your emergency calls.
In order for us to concentrate on emergencies and ensure that we can attend your horse as quickly as possible when it is really needed we ask that we deal with routine and administrative calls during office hours. This way you receive the best service possible for both emergency and routine calls and queries.
What should I do in case of an emergency?
- Call us immediately. During office hours one of our administrative staff will take your details and direct a vet to you as quickly as possible.
- Out of hours, your call will go through to our telephone answering service who will take all of the information and alert our duty vet of your call. In some cases mobile reception in Shropshire doesn’t help so if you get through to a vets answerphone please leave a short message with your name and number and we will return your call as quickly as possible.
How do I know I have an emergency?
- Call the office as soon as you notice something wrong with your horse.
- It is best to discuss any concerns you may have with our vets so we can decide how urgently your horse should be seen.
Where else can I get advice?
- You can visit vethelpdirect.com for free online, independent, veterinary advise.