Lameness is a common problem in horses and can be very worrying for owners. The preliminary investigation into a cause of lameness or poor performance can be facilitated at one of our purpose-built clinics or if facilities permit, on your yard. We have a dedicated team of experienced clinicians, with a specific interest in orthopaedics who undertake regular professional development in this area to ensure we offer a comprehensive service that is at the forefront of the profession.
Lameness can present suddenly (acutely) or as an ongoing (chronic) condition and our wealth of experience and access to the latest technologies aims for an efficient diagnosis and tailoring of an appropriate treatment plan.
Our orthopaedic service includes:
- Routine and emergency appointments
- Poor performance clinics, which can include ridden evaluation
- Diagnostic analgesia (nerve blocking) to isolate the area responsible for the lameness
- Imaging, including ultrasonography and radiography
- Advanced imaging, including in-house MRI
- Access to the latest therapeutics (PRP, IRAP and stem cell treatment)
- Shockwave therapy
- Arthroscopy, which involves the evaluation and surgical treatment of a joint often under general anaesthesia (“key hole”)
- Emergency orthopaedic surgeries, which include wound management and arthroscopic lavage of infected (septic) joints
If you think we might be able to help, then please do not hesitate to contact reception to arrange an appointment with our orthopaedic service.